We are spending the week together with staff and students from about ten cultures across the Russian-speaking world, plus our traditional group of Korean students! Ella and Tima are having a great time with the one other child-Sam McFadden. Their babysitter started bringing a book since the kids only want to play with their little animals and Snow White. Right now they are having a feast …some of the Jedi and dwarves are in the pile to be eaten by the tigers.
Danya is having a good time staying with our teammates in St. Petersburg. Trisha was so gracious to take him in for the week, though her husband is with us at the conference. And Danya’s definition of heaven is Nate and Nicks’ home! He’s playing Wii, Monopoly Deal, and Legos. Just like I have three kids of similar interests who are intensely playing with one another, Trisha says the three at her house are just as intense, though of course at a different developmental level!
It’s been great for me to watch Eric in action, leading the staff and students of Russia. I sat in on his vision casting meeting with the Korean students, and my own vision for Russia was renewed. And for the first time I experienced Korean style prayer at its most intense- with us in the center, hearing the many shouted prayers poured out with literal tears. And though I worried I would have no common ground with students (in my old age, having missed this conference for 5 years!) I have been blessed by the 45 students who live in cities without staff members, who are looking for mentors and friends. The atmosphere among our staff and students is very hopeful, as we all trust God together!
No comments:
Post a Comment