Beautiful Day!

After recovering from New Year's festivities, it seems most of Peter had the same impulse as I did to get outside and enjoy the snowy woods. It was so worth the cold (-15C and 90% humidity) to see piles of untouched snow and the almost-clear sky covered with pink clouds as the sun set in blazing orange (at 3:15). Why don't I do this every day?

I think I've mentioned before that I am amazed at the athleticism of Peterburgese. The wooded park has tractors plowing the paths! (There has been a lot of snow the last week or so--they say the most in 130 years. I haven't heard how much, but it seems to be around 18".) And the paths were full of people walking. The skiiers had to weave through them in places. I saw two men running, and dozens of kids trying out skiis, perhaps for the first time!

No comments: