Bedtime questions: There is a series of five questions that I ask the boys each night. And they’ve learned the correct answers, almost:
1) Do you know how much I love you?
[So much.]
2) Do you know how long I’ll love you?
[Forever.]
3) Do you know why I love you?
[Because I’m your son]
4) Do you know what can change that?
[Nothing.]
5) Do you know how precious you are?
[I can’t even imagine!]
Danya’s started getting more creative, saying in response to 1) or 5): “From the middle of the earth to the middle of the sun to the middle of Pluto and back to the sun.”
But Tima can’t remember how to answer the 3rd question. He pauses, then says, “Because you’re my son.” We’re working on it, but even right after I have him practice the right way, if I ask the question again, he reverses it…and laughs.
When I forget, they beg, saying, “You forgot to ask me the questions!” And it’s amazing how the last one always brings a smile to their faces.
______________________________________________
We found the tooth. It was out in our common-entry, and we were fortunate that nobody had swept it up! It’s kind of gross. I guess I’ll keep it. Tell me, you experienced parents… now that your kids are grown, are you glad you kept those little relics? Do you ever go look at them fondly? Or are they packed away never to be seen again?
1 comment:
Kara, what beautiful questions . . . and answers. I can just see Danya and Tima as they answer. Thank you for blessing me with this description of your bedtime ritual.
Love and miss you,
Ape
Post a Comment